Monday, October 4, 2010

Working at Thriftys

My first job working as a cashier was really something. I used to be a really timid person avoiding anyone that would try to talk to me, but ever since I started working some things have gotten a lot better. I can actually speak with random people, and look people in the eyes instead of staring at the ground during a conversation. All my coworkers are really cool and that usually makes the job a lot better. I hear people saying that working "cash" sucks, it's hard, and all that other crap but really, it's REALLY easy. Sure, you're dealing with money and people constantly and everything has to be perfect (or else COMPLAINTS D:) but once you do it for a week or so, it becomes a pretty simple task. The only bad thing is when the store gets really busy and everyone is in a pissy mood, honestly that's probably the worst part of the job.. but there's nothing we can do about that. The store needs money, people need groceries, and if they wait long enough they get agitated. It's human nature. It makes the day interesting though, that's for sure. When people are in a bad mood it's best just to ignore them and get them out of the store as fast as you can, but once they get rude about it

Just go slower.

If they want their food for the night or whatever occasion, then they'll have to wait like everyone else.

Anyways, there's more I want to say but I'm starting to feel tired and lazy so I'll stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment